Dear Friends & Family of the UP Home:
What an interesting time we’re all experiencing together! We at UP Home will continue to keep you updated with closings, cancellations and changes as we receive information and guidance. As of Monday, March 16 the following procedural changes will take place:
- Wellness Center is closed until further notice (Fitness Center & Therapy Gym). If you are currently receiving therapy treatment, you will be contacted by one of the therapists for instructions moving forward.
- All Entrances to buildings will be locked, except for the parlor door between 6 am – 5 pm.
- Main Dining Room is closed until further notice. Residents need to call the kitchen for meal delivery. All meals will be delivered in/on paper products.
- All Activities are canceled until further notice. This includes Tuesday’s Hy-Vee trip.
- Deliveries from Hy-Vee, Beans, Wolf Floral, UPS and FedEx have been contacted with instructions to bring deliveries to the main office for Main Building and Kerr Hall residents which will then be delivered by UP Home staff. USPS mail will still be distributed at your mailboxes.
- UP Home Staff will be screened upon entering the building for a temperature of 100° or higher or other symptoms and have been advised of travel restrictions and necessary quarantining measures if travel occurs.
Stay tuned for additional communications from our staff – you never know what we may come up with to pass the time!
In any spare moments, think about jotting a note to health center residents as they are feeling the full weight of these restrictions. You can send cards or notes to:
UP Home Resident
1201 E Washington Street
Washington, Iowa 52353
We acknowledge this is a stressful and trying time. Please take care of yourselves and take precautions to avoid exposing yourself to illness. Show each other and UPH staff kindness and compassion as we all work through the situation in our own ways.
We will never know if we have over prepared, but we will know if we under prepare!
UP Home Administration & Staff
319-653-5473 (Main Office)
319-653-6171 (Health Center)