Greetings to UP Home Wellness Center Members-
It is with an UPLifted spirit and great joy that we announce the United Presbyterian Home’s Wellness Center will reopen on June 1, 2020. We have missed our members since the closure almost 10 weeks ago. Our hope is this letter finds our residents and members healthy and ready to resume their exercise sessions.
Upon opening we will be following guidelines set forth by the Governor’s Proclamations and guidance from our Administration to maintain the health and well-being of our most vulnerable population on the UP Home campus and the Washington community. First and foremost our objective is to provide a safe, sanitary and positive environment for all patrons. The Wellness Center will reopen with altered hours and a varied schedule for residents and members to follow. Please carefully read the following procedures and expectations we will implement:
- Washing of your hands or use of hand sanitizer upon entering is required
- You are strongly encouraged to wear a facemask to and from the Wellness Center and please maintain your social distance from other patrons
- Bring and take your own towel if you use one while exercising
- Bring only items you need into the studio as this will help limit the number of items in our space
- If you have been ill or in contact with someone who is ill, we kindly ask that you do not come in
- If you have been experiencing any symptoms, even the sniffles, please stay home. We know it may be allergies but we have to be strict on this
- Please wipe down equipment after you use it
Please know you can expect the following from us:
- Access to hand sanitizer upon entering
- Common areas and high traffic areas sanitized regularly
WELLNESS CENTER HOURS:
There will be no classes until June 15th. At that time we will have an altered class schedule and patrons will need to sign up for class times as we adhere to social distancing guidelines. We will continue offering Facebook live classes each day at 9:00 AM. The classes can also be found at 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM Monday, Wednesday and Friday on KCTC again through June. We will also ask patrons to adhere to the following daily schedule through the month of June:
Cottage Residents & Community Members: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 6 AM – 4 PM
Main Building & Kerr Hall Residents: Tuesday & Thursday 6 AM – 4 PM
For those members that paid for membership with Automatic Withdrawals (ACH) those payments will begin on June 10th unless you call the Wellness Center and ask to remain on hold. For those members who had paid for membership in advance we rolled those months forward. We want you to come back when you are confident with your health.
Our administration will continue to observe the guidance of our governing bodies and this plan of action will be evaluated on an ongoing basis. Please know these guidelines are for your health as much as ours. Know that it won’t always be this way, but we will get through this new normal together.
Please contact us with any questions. Hope to see you in June!
UP Home Wellness and Fitness Director